Mid perch why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why set to mid perch? I have read ans researched this but I didn't see anything on why you would do this. What are the pros and cons?

D

Deleted member 12951

It raises the front end and levels it out from the factory rake. Gives you some extra clearance. Tightens up the steering some. Plus there is peer pressure.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding was for additional clearance. But some years don't like having that done to them, which makes me very skeptical of doing it to mine.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mid for about two weeks. The ride was miserable as was the bump steer, where I worked the roads sucked and the truck literally would bounce across an intersection when turning.

Went back to stock and bought 3.0"s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding was for additional clearance. But some years don't like having that done to them, which makes me very skeptical of doing it to mine.

That's not correct that's top perch you're thinking of. The 2012 and newer raptors don't do well at all on top perch