MFT & Media Player "Indexing"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80sTiger

Reaction score
Before I got my Raptor, I had a Mustang with the Microsoft Sync system. Since it was from Microsoft, I used their Zune subscription music service+device and was very pleased with the integration, affordability and flexibility. That said, now that I moved to MFT, it just constantly, constantly shows "Indexing Device". It sometimes finishes and plays, but every time I start the vehicle it goes through this. Almost constantly. I've tried letting it finish and manually indexing thru the MFT menu option, but doesn't help. Anyone else seeing anything like this or have any ideas ? My Mustang experience with the exact same music device worked perfectly. Thanks.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds odd, I only get the "indexing" message after I plug in a USB drive into the center console slots. You're saying that your system displays the "indexing" message all the time?

You're not removing/plugging in a USB drive each time you get in the truck are you? Have you tried seeing what the system does with a different USB drive or using the other USB slot?

OP
OP

80sTiger

Reaction score
This is a Zune media player from Microsoft ... indexed fine on my 2011 Mustang (Sync, but no MFT), but on my Raptor, just seems to say "indexing" all the friggin' time. Many times won't play until several minutes after I've been driving, then just from what it's indexed. Even though I'm leaving the player plugged into the USB (not removing, replugging).