Method wheel help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting Method 315s (17x8.5 zero off set) on the stock 35s. The only issue is they are zero off set. Will there be any rubbing or a ‘poke’ since the stock off set is 34mm? TIA

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting Method 315s (17x8.5 zero off set) on the stock 35s. The only issue is they are zero off set. Will there be any rubbing or a ‘poke’ since the stock off set is 34mm? TIA
I have run methods on my Gen 1 and Gen 2 with the stock BFG 315s and am having methods installed on my Gen 3 with 1.5 perch collars tomorrow with 37s. Happy to share pics when done. In general I would call the Methods even to a very slight poke on the truck. I never had rubbing issues on my Gen 1 or Gen 2. Gen 1 was set at mid perch and Gen 2 had collars to level on the front as well.

In my opinion the offset on Methods really make this truck drive better and also look better but that is me.

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run methods on my Gen 1 and Gen 2 with the stock BFG 315s and am having methods installed on my Gen 3 with 1.5 perch collars tomorrow with 37s. Happy to share pics when done. In general I would call the Methods even to a very slight poke on the truck. I never had rubbing issues on my Gen 1 or Gen 2. Gen 1 was set at mid perch and Gen 2 had collars to level on the front as well.

In my opinion the offset on Methods really make this truck drive better and also look better but that is me.
Thanks brother. I don’t plan on installing any perch collars. Would rather keep the stock suspension

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies, just saw the official aftermarket wheel post.
All the collars do is put some pre-load in the shocks which is what Ford is doing on the shocks on the 37 package.

But I get it if you want to keep it stock. I think you would be fine on a Gen 3 with methods and 315s. The wheel wells do appear bigger on the Gen 3 to my eye. I am not sure you could get away with a true 35 like a Toyo but have to think you will be fine. I drove my truck pretty darn hard at times and never had a worry. I have seen a bunch of pics of zero offset wheels on gen 3s and haven't heard anyone complain.

OP
OP
Ragnar

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the collars do is put some pre-load in the shocks which is what Ford is doing on the shocks on the 37 package.

But I get it if you want to keep it stock. I think you would be fine on a Gen 3 with methods and 315s. The wheel wells do appear bigger on the Gen 3 to my eye. I am not sure you could get away with a true 35 like a Toyo but have to think you will be fine. I drove my truck pretty darn hard at times and never had a worry. I have seen a bunch of pics of zero offset wheels on gen 3s and haven't heard anyone complain.
Thanks for your help. Eventually, once the stock tires need to be replaced, I’ll put on true 35s. Going to order them today and put them in the garage until I get it. Going to be tough looking at them all the time lol