Method Race Wheels and WHY?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ZERO OFFSET BRUH!

Got to have them wheels sticking out so you look cool in starbucks parking lot.
I wanted something substantially lighter and got with @Pacific Wheel for help.
No knock on Methods, I’ve not had them, but I also didn’t want to lift or level, and didn’t want wheels/tires rubbing anywhere.

Justin had several options available and I picked up 6 x Motegis
Rather than just put on something for pure aesthetics, consider going with something lighter or maybe some of the bead grip or true bead lock wheels if you think you’ll use them.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I have to ask a serious question here, and I will just lead directly with it. Why do Method Race Wheels seem to be the wheel of choice among raptor owners of all generations?. Why are they so popular?. I do like the styling of a lot of the wheels they offer and I am possibly in the market of replacing the factory wheels from my 17, as they are my least favorite of all the style factory wheels.

Is it just a matter of seeing other guys running them which led to the following and popularity or is there actually something more to the build quality. I could see if they were USA made, and thus the support, but with so many brands also produced in china and elsewhere, what is setting them apart?.

These are all serious questions and I definitely look forward to more insight as I shop around.

As someone who sells a lot of them, there are some advantages to Method over the competitors and a lot of things that are the same.

Strength: All of them are 2500lbs (most are 2650lbs now) or more but many other brands are as well.
Warranty: They offer 2 year finish opposed to everyone else's 1 year. All wheels are lifetime structure
Bead Grip/Innovation: While this patent just expired and you'll see more of this popping up elsewhere they're the first and original. Not to mention they've been proven to hold the bead in place in the toughest terrain at the highest level.
Availability: They typically have a ton of stock
Customer Service: They're top 3 in customer service in my book. They've always been good about handling issues quickly.
Fitment: While this wasn't always the case they now offer +25 and the traditional +00 in a lot of their popular styles.

And last and most important: They were on BJ Baldwins trophy truck for all of the Recoil videos lol

All in all they're a solid company among many solid companies. But depending on what you need out of your wheels, most people just go with what they like the look or fitment of.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with them for proven reliability. I was originally going to go with fifteen52 wheels but I saw the 705s on the Ronin gen 3 raptor and just figured that would work and it's not a super common Method wheel on a lot of trucks.

Bed graphics are photoshop, just doing some test work on what I plan to do there. Hence why it's parked in a giant offing parking lot.

Attachments

• raptortest.jpg
    raptortest.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 196
OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with them for proven reliability. I was originally going to go with fifteen52 wheels but I saw the 705s on the Ronin gen 3 raptor and just figured that would work and it's not a super common Method wheel on a lot of trucks.

Bed graphics are photoshop, just doing some test work on what I plan to do there. Hence why it's parked in a giant offing parking lot.
We all know that is a Starbucks parking lot.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who sells a lot of them, there are some advantages to Method over the competitors and a lot of things that are the same.

Strength: All of them are 2500lbs (most are 2650lbs now) or more but many other brands are as well.
Warranty: They offer 2 year finish opposed to everyone else's 1 year. All wheels are lifetime structure
Bead Grip/Innovation: While this patent just expired and you'll see more of this popping up elsewhere they're the first and original. Not to mention they've been proven to hold the bead in place in the toughest terrain at the highest level.
Availability: They typically have a ton of stock
Customer Service: They're top 3 in customer service in my book. They've always been good about handling issues quickly.
Fitment: While this wasn't always the case they now offer +25 and the traditional +00 in a lot of their popular styles.

And last and most important: They were on BJ Baldwins trophy truck for all of the Recoil videos lol

All in all they're a solid company among many solid companies. But depending on what you need out of your wheels, most people just go with what they like the look or fitment of.
Thanks for all that info

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have to ask a serious question here, and I will just lead directly with it. Why do Method Race Wheels seem to be the wheel of choice among raptor owners of all generations?. Why are they so popular?. I do like the styling of a lot of the wheels they offer and I am possibly in the market of replacing the factory wheels from my 17, as they are my least favorite of all the style factory wheels.

Is it just a matter of seeing other guys running them which led to the following and popularity or is there actually something more to the build quality. I could see if they were USA made, and thus the support, but with so many brands also produced in china and elsewhere, what is setting them apart?.

These are all serious questions and I definitely look forward to more insight as I shop around.
Don't forget that a lot of their wheels are not hubcentric. Biggest no no of all to me. Can't run stock lugs either. Big thumbs down on both.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't forget that a lot of their wheels are not hubcentric. Biggest no no of all to me. Can't run stock lugs either. Big thumbs down on both.

FWIW they've discontinued most of the lug centric wheels although roughly 5 remain non hub centric of the 20 they offer. And the best thing you can do IMO is get away from the OEM sleeved lugs. Those things are terrible!