Method Race Wheels and WHY?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have to ask a serious question here, and I will just lead directly with it. Why do Method Race Wheels seem to be the wheel of choice among raptor owners of all generations?. Why are they so popular?. I do like the styling of a lot of the wheels they offer and I am possibly in the market of replacing the factory wheels from my 17, as they are my least favorite of all the style factory wheels.

Is it just a matter of seeing other guys running them which led to the following and popularity or is there actually something more to the build quality. I could see if they were USA made, and thus the support, but with so many brands also produced in china and elsewhere, what is setting them apart?.

These are all serious questions and I definitely look forward to more insight as I shop around.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Branding branding branding. I wouldn’t buy them, but I wouldn’t buy Chinese wheels.
Branding is a good reasoning, as with most products, if you can convince people that they need X product for whatever reason, naturally people will navigate toward it. To @Nex point, they also seem to be a proven wheel in the off-road world because if they were crap, that popularity would have quickly dissipated.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No good answer really. I've always liked Methods, and I run them on my Raptor and both X3s. Styling is what I look for when I'm chosing wheels, plus Method has beadlocks, and we're first to come out with bead grip wheels. If you're going offroad, you need either of them. They're usually priced good too.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd set of Methods. MR605s and 105s. It's a good, ok wheel. More of a purpose built wheel vs something fancy like on a car.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same c
Method 702s. Gloss titanium on road, matte bronze off road. The bronze ones are having a great close out sale too!

View attachment 379633
View attachment 379634
Same color truck, I have some titanium gloss methods in the cart that are on closeout for $200 per wheel. Love the titanium with the blue which is what I am leaning towards. That or the factory beadlocks from a 19 in that similar color. I think it’s the best looking color on lightning blue.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Big thing to keep in mind when switching out wheels, is your suspension plans. A few upper control arms require zero offset wheels. Same with mid travel.