Metallic clunk noise on 2024 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foozer

Reaction score
Hey hi all, I’m new here! I just got a new raptor about 2 months ago (2024, 35 package, shelter green) and have about 800 miles on it.

I’ve noticed since about day 1 that every once in a while (maybe about once per drive) I’ll get this metallic kind of clunk noise. It almost sounds like metal popping back into place with a sort of ping noise to it. I got under the truck and looked at the skid plate and the plate that protects the axel and couldn’t find anything that felt loose or looked strange.

Does anyone know what it might be? Has anyone else experienced this noise? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4302.jpeg
    IMG_4302.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 18

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not this clunking thread. He has a metallic sound poping back into place. Sounds like something could be binding or a possible lose spring.

reesbridges

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same thing, but I noticed a “clunking” sound day one with mine. I have since figured out that it is an exhaust sound. If the transmission down shifts at just the right time when slowing down without hard breaking you will get a brief overrun sound from the exhaust. It concerned me until I figured it out. I thought it was a loose suspension component.

2024 3.5 37PP.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, can you capture a quick video of this “clunking noise” and post it here.

OP
OP
F

Foozer

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same thing, but I noticed a “clunking” sound day one with mine. I have since figured out that it is an exhaust sound. If the transmission down shifts at just the right time when slowing down without hard breaking you will get a brief overrun sound from the exhaust. It concerned me until I figured it out. I thought it was a loose suspension component.

2024 3.5 37PP.
I have noticed that it is more noticeable when in Baja Exhaust Mode!

OP
OP
F

Foozer

Reaction score
OP, can you capture a quick video of this “clunking noise” and post it here.
Yeah. Mine actually has been quite now for a while.. idk if breaking it in has solved it but if it starts acting up again I’ll snag a video. I’m at about 1200 miles now.

bossracer78

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey hi all, I’m new here! I just got a new raptor about 2 months ago (2024, 35 package, shelter green) and have about 800 miles on it.

I’ve noticed since about day 1 that every once in a while (maybe about once per drive) I’ll get this metallic kind of clunk noise. It almost sounds like metal popping back into place with a sort of ping noise to it. I got under the truck and looked at the skid plate and the plate that protects the axel and couldn’t find anything that felt loose or looked strange.

Does anyone know what it might be? Has anyone else experienced this noise? Thanks!
Foozer. Same here. Head scratcher! I have had the sound since delivery, 19 miles. I have seen a few replies about possible exhaust burble right at a down shift point. Haven't crawled underneath, but will. Also taking in for quick 1,000 mile oil/filter just for love. Then going to mash the go pedal a bit to see how it performs. The exhaust angle sounds plausible.