March 21 - Offroad Poker Run - Nevada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am local yeah all I really need to do is pull my shocks and take them to get rebuilt I already have seal kits. Only place I've found is in Oakland area so I imagine my truck will be down a few days. I do appreciate the offer. But would not want the truck to sit and overstay its welcome if something were to go wrong with the rebuild

The other crap that is wrong I need to just take to the dealer and have them deal with it I will just have to make sure they know I need my truck back prior to march 21st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am local yeah all I really need to do is pull my shocks and take them to get rebuilt I already have seal kits. Only place I've found is in Oakland area so I imagine my truck will be down a few days. I do appreciate the offer. But would not want the truck to sit and overstay its welcome if something were to go wrong with the rebuild

The other crap that is wrong I need to just take to the dealer and have them deal with it I will just have to make sure they know I need my truck back prior to march 21st

Pm me if you want to chat more on it. Nice thing is on family property not a shop that needs it HAHA. Just after May 3rd needs to be free as we are going to work on my truck.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll shoot u a pm when I get back in town. I wish I could find someone closer that can do these shocks. Or just nut up and do them myself. Or maybe get some other people involved and tackle them. Any one here local ever tackle this feet before?

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll shoot u a pm when I get back in town. I wish I could find someone closer that can do these shocks. Or just nut up and do them myself. Or maybe get some other people involved and tackle them. Any one here local ever tackle this feet before?

I haven't, i'd like to find someone local-ish to rebuild shocks.

But talk to M3 about his lift and our help...and I'll ask a buddy about shock rebuilds. My Friend has a couple buddies who do rock races and might know someone.

Last edited:

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shaffers Offroad in Alameda can take care of you @str8fast - He does everything from built Jeeps to 4link baja prerunners. He's well known in the industry but not so much to the public.

Shaffer's Offroad Welcome to - Shaffer's Offroad

Yes that is where I was originally going to take them but was hoping on maybe learning how to do them myself then when the need comes for some of us local guys we can tackle for them. Also the raptor is mine and my fiances only vehicle and she is the primary driver. So down time comes into play as well. They told me 3 days max which isn't bad but if I can do the whole job in one day mucho better for the lady and I

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that is where I was originally going to take them but was hoping on maybe learning how to do them myself then when the need comes for some of us local guys we can tackle for them. Also the raptor is mine and my fiances only vehicle and she is the primary driver. So down time comes into play as well. They told me 3 days max which isn't bad but if I can do the whole job in one day mucho better for the lady and I

Yeah, I'd love to learn how to do the rebuilds too. Jeff @svc knows how to do the fronts, and he's learning to do the rears. He could probably share his knowledge.