Magnetic metallic 2018 paint issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if any of you with the magnetic dark metallic paint notice a slight shade difference between the fenders and door paint shades in certain lighting.

I just purchased a 2018 CPO with 32k miles and uncovered evidence of a possible SMALL wreck & repair on the right front side. headlight and fascia around it appears to have been replaced.

I notice in certain angles and lighting the fender appears darker than the door paint. not sure if this is a characteristic of the fenders being fiberglass and the doors aluminum.... overall the repair was done well but i was tipped off by the fact there are some plastic missing under the headlight which the dealer will fix.

I am bummed by the repair altho it appears to be minor....dealer has offered to repaint the fender if i want , not sure if its from the initial repair or just the way the truck is... i cant find any evidence of the fender being replaced even.