MagicMtnDan's BIG Air atThe Raptor Round Up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA HA that's funny. Aaron is the person in the passenger seat in that video. I drove with Aaron and it was a blast.

Andy, is he a member of this forum or a lurker? Please invite him to join us here.

He commented on it on my Youtube page where I first put the vid.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For giggles and grins, here's the high point and low point of the big Raptor jump:

The high:
bigjump1.jpg

The low:
lowrider1.jpg

By using highly scientific measurement (Mk-1 eyeball), I reckon the front tire is 70+ inches off the ground.

Andy

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Hey Dan! Congrats! The pictures came out great!!!! I was the salesman/driver of the truck pictured from Team Ford! You did an awesome job buddy!! The best cuatomer driver of the day! Thanks Dan!

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
For giggles and grins, here's the high point and low point of the big Raptor jump:

The high:
bigjump1.jpg

The low:
lowrider1.jpg

By using highly scientific measurement (Mk-1 eyeball), I reckon the front tire is 70+ inches off the ground.

Andy

Good eye, the jump was hit at 50mph and we landed double what others were doing, give or take about 20 feet. And this was only my second lap of the day with 30 miles on the truck. By the time I got it back to the dealership, there were almost 200. You can see my fellow salesman Scott in the passenger seat! Good stuff! -Aaron Team Ford-Lincoln-Mercury Las Vegas, NV

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
HA HA that's funny. Aaron is the person in the passenger seat in that video. I drove with Aaron and it was a blast.

Andy, is he a member of this forum or a lurker? Please invite him to join us here.

Hey Dan, the pictures were of you, but if you're referring to the "Ford Raptor Flying", that was my 2nd lap of the day before customers were able to drive the dealer trucks. My buddy Scott Bowers was in the passenger seat of that one. There were 2 other videos on youtube I found though, one was of you. Can't remember what it was named, had a number didn't it? I only had 2 customers, you and an Australian guy that hit the jumps too hard. Out of 30 some odd laps, only 4 were by customers. The Australian guy had my owner so worried that he had me drive the rest of the day offering ride alongs, but no one could drive again. The suspension didn't bottom out, the skid plate didn't scuff, and my foot was in it going up the jump (as you should) and I let off once I hit the air. I do this professionally, and with Ford and SVT taping for their company and telling me to go faster, thats what I did. lol. They want people to know that this truck can be taken off the lot, on the road, off road, then back on the raod with no problems. And they came through!!!!! Great job Ford!! Aaron- Team Ford-Lincoln-Mercury Las Vegas, NV

Philco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You and everyone else are certainly welcome without your Raptors. I know people who had their Raptors there that didn't drive them on the track :mrgreen: and you could have had your choice of front seats riding with any number of Raptor owners.

The "Ford trifold tonneau" you have - is that a Bakflip? It sounds like it is.

The Ford trifold tonneau is vinyl with the ford emblem embossed just above the tailgate handle. Its frame is aluminum and there are 4 hold down handles (2 front and 2 rear) and once the front handles are locked down you can fold up the back section over the center and then flip forward once more over the front section where it clips to two straps on the front to hold it folded forward. Will try to snap a few pics to post on it. I used my $750 e-cert to get this and the FR chrome exhaust tips.