Lurking in the shadows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Moch1

Reaction score
Velocity blue wasn't in my top preferences for color but it is growing on me and it is better than silver.

What's wrong with silver!? It's perfectly bland and generic but a breeze for maintenance. I was like you and didn't really care what color it was, just not black. I am not prepared to care for this much black real estate. Blue looks really nice and I feel like it's not a very common color on these

OP
OP
JJLbkl

JJLbkl

Reaction score
I like that color. Nice truck. What did you pay for it?

I got it for 57k. As mentioned, out west it is difficult to find a "deal." Most of the trucks with the desired options and reasonable price were located a 1000+ miles away. I inquired on a few but drug my feet for fear of buying something without seeing or driving it. Accordingly, those trucks were snatched before I could act. In AZ, the price runs a few thousand higher for say the same truck in TX, MN, AL, etc. Ultimately, I got what i wanted and didn't exceed my budget, which is really all one can hope for when purchasing one of these things.

OP
OP
JJLbkl

JJLbkl

Reaction score
What's wrong with silver!? It's perfectly bland and generic but a breeze for maintenance. I was like you and didn't really care what color it was, just not black. I am not prepared to care for this much black real estate. Blue looks really nice and I feel like it's not a very common color on these

Now that you say that, silver does have some appeal in AZ.

The dust, my God, the dust.

You can see the dust on a black vehicle the day after it is washed.

Lighter colors are the way to go here.

It has only been a week and it's clear that managing the dust on my blue truck is going to be a challenge.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Velocity blue was not in my color choices either. But it was exactly the way I would have ordered one in Ford Performance Blue. And I got 7-K off MSRP. So yah the color Is definitely growing on me as well. Congrats......