Lurking in the shadows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJLbkl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Technically, I am not a new member. I have been lurking in the shadows for 2+ years, reading posts and taking notes. The information provided by all of you helped me in my search and finally purchase of my first Raptor.

I "discovered" the Raptor in 2016 and that is when my journey began. I began watching videos and found this forum in '17. At the time, i wasn't in a financial position to buy one. So, I did the research and tracked prices and availability and patiently waited to make a move.

The information on this forum solidified my desire to purchase a Raptor. My fears about it being too big or potential mechanical issues were assuaged by reading the posts on this forum and for that I thank you all.
truck.jpe

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck! What are the details? New, used?

And that's some great patience. Far more than I had when I made my decision to buy.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I don’t need to Welcome you, I extend that to your truck! Congrats and enjoy. Obviously the good outweighed any bad and here you are. They are a fine machine.

Enjoy it.

OP
OP
JJLbkl

JJLbkl

Reaction score
Bought it used from a local dealership. Not a lot of deals out west but i got this one two days after it was traded in. I found it before it had been serviced or reconditioned for resale and moved immediately to buy it.

2019, 802A, Raptor Tech, moonroof, sprayed in bedliner and tailgate step.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, good find. That is similar to mine. I got it about 2 days after they cleaned it and that was only because I couldn't get down there sooner to test drive it. I like the beadlocks as well. They are a solid addition in the looks department and make any of the paint colors look better.

OP
OP
JJLbkl

JJLbkl

Reaction score
Yeah, I test drove it before it had been cleaned up and serviced. Also, I told myself color would not be a deciding factor if the truck had the options desired and the price was right. Ultimately i bought the truck for what it can do on and off road. Velocity blue wasn't in my top preferences for color but it is growing on me and it is better than silver.