Lower Grill options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt want to have to take the top main grille off either to relocate my ACC so i put it in the midddle of my fab fours bumper and then fabbed up a grille insert to go in front of it. Works great!

Attachments

• ACCrelocate.jpg
    ACCrelocate.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 64
  • FrontGrille.jpg
    FrontGrille.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

heffneil

Reaction score
You put the louvers back in after its moved? I thought you keep them out?

ChevyChad - you own a ford?! - Anyway where is that on your bumper I can't really tell?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You put the louvers back in after its moved? I thought you keep them out?

ChevyChad - you own a ford?! - Anyway where is that on your bumper I can't really tell?

Correct. The ACC module is installed between the outer grille and the inner portion where the louvers are located.

OP
OP
H

heffneil

Reaction score
Correct. The ACC module is installed between the outer grille and the inner portion where the louvers are located.

Oh so not behind the louvers. Thats interesting!

I think I should just change the bumper! I don't want to mess with the intercooler?! ADD is where its at for replacement bumpers right?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh so not behind the louvers. Thats interesting!

I think I should just change the bumper! I don't want to mess with the intercooler?! ADD is where its at for replacement bumpers right?

That is our number one selling brand!

Here are the bumpers that will not require you to add an intercooler:

Stealth Fighter
bumper_a0a3b605-b64c-4df9-b5b0-5ae7c7740e03_grande.jpg

HoneyBadger
bumper_831bf2e1-f4f5-4398-bc29-0a1d184d3d02_grande.jpg

Stealth R
bumper_ab12ffc6-f8e6-4927-9a92-ac5d3313636c_grande.jpg

Venom R
bumper_fe4d4b9a-071c-487f-b484-a838254acdeb_grande.jpg

You can view all of them in full detail on our site, with installation instructions for each: https://www.apollo-optics.com/collections/2017-2018-ford-raptor-addictive-desert-designs-bumpers

We can also work with you directly to put a package together that fits your exact needs and budget. Let me know if we can help!

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL yea, I'm a chevy guy, but Im also a raptor guy. A bit of conflict of interests I know..

I put my ACC module right in the middle of my bumper. The location was originally for a light bar, which I had at one point, but I removed it to put the ACC there because I use that feature way more often than what I used the 20" light bar. I still have 6 other pod lights on the outer areas of the bumper. I may add a windshield bar in the future if I feel it necessary. But this was the best option to not have to go thru the crazy upper grille removal for the conventional ACC relocation method.

Here is a better pic where you can see it. This is before I painted the end brackets on the lower grille.

Attachments

• ACC.jpg
    ACC.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? The directions I saw looked lengthy and like a real PITA to do it? How long did it take you?

Also did you dump the louvers? I thought the active louvers were worth keeping for highway driving,. I kinda hate removing them? Seems like undermining ford....

The grill is surprisingly easy to take off and the louvre aren’t too bad to remove - I left a couple off near the top where the sensor is and it hasn’t seemed to make a mpg difference.

The hardest part was getting the plug wire to reach up through the bottom hole you have to drill.

Used this type of bit to drill bottom hole and it was easy. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169OLWTS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk