Loose lugs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have since replaced my stock lugs with the gorilla stk replacement lugs from SFX performance to solve that problem. They are not cheap but less the stockers if you have to buy.

sfxperformance.com Part # GOR61108CXLBC in black. They do make a chrome set now if you like.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS and @SirCrush32 Thank you both so very much. I could in no way take a hand out like that. It is extremely gracious of you both and I sincerely appreciate the offers. I really cannot except! You guys are both great though and Thank you!

Being that I am just shy of 40,000 miles I am a little disappointed that they are coming apart. I guess I need to break down and get a quality floor jack to eliminate tire places using a pneumatic driver on them. I think I am probably better off getting some Gorilla replacements that hopefully will last the life of the truck as @WRCRaptor has suggested. I Have blacked out my truck and think that black lugs would finish it off as its the only piece on the truck not in black.

Now do you guys think I am still ok to run the current ones in their current condition before new ones arrive? And when they do is there a problem with me doing just a one for one switch without jacking it up getting the tire off the ground?

D

Deleted member 12951

Now do you guys think I am still ok to run the current ones in their current condition before new ones arrive? And when they do is there a problem with me doing just a one for one switch without jacking it up getting the tire off the ground?

Is the wheel loose? If not, I suppose it would be okay, don't off-road at 100+. :)
Perhaps you can move those 3 to spread it out so its not just on one wheel on one side.

Yes, I changed out all my stock lugnuts with the Gorilla black ones and did one at a time while the truck sat on the ground. I still did it in the star pattern and had no issue. I think the instructions tells you to do it that way too.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Mike175 What I did when some of mine cracked the first time was to remove the bad ones and knock off the caps and use a a smaller size socket. I was able to Tq to 150lb and wait until the new ones arrived. You can loosen one lug at a time but not all of them! But you probably knew that.

I really like mine and if your truck is murdered out then you need the Gorilla black lugs. Good luck!

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS and @SirCrush32 Thank you both so very much. I could in no way take a hand out like that. It is extremely gracious of you both and I sincerely appreciate the offers. I really cannot except! You guys are both great though and Thank you!

Being that I am just shy of 40,000 miles I am a little disappointed that they are coming apart. I guess I need to break down and get a quality floor jack to eliminate tire places using a pneumatic driver on them. I think I am probably better off getting some Gorilla replacements that hopefully will last the life of the truck as @WRCRaptor has suggested. I Have blacked out my truck and think that black lugs would finish it off as its the only piece on the truck not in black.

Truthfully, they're just sitting in the garage not being used. So they're yours if you want them. I'm just helping a fellow FRF member and a battle buddy. So if you reconsider they're yours I just don't want anything to happen to you or the truck that's all.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that all of the advice above is IF it is the sleeving that has failed on those lugs. If the tire shop(s) have been running them up with an impact, you could have deeper issues. How does it ride and drive? Any bouncing at all that would point to the wheel not being centered on the hub? Have you inspected the lug holes on the wheels to ensure that they have not been hollowed out? Not to be the bearer of bad news or whatever the case, you should double check all of this while going through this issue to ensure that you don't wind up with more trouble even with new lug nuts on.

Also, for the floor jack, if you have one that will handle the weight but may not be tall enough, go get a 2x6 and cut it into 12" length pieces, then stack those, ******** them together to create a "spacer" to increase the operating height of your current jack. I had to do this with my floor jack.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that all of the advice above is IF it is the sleeving that has failed on those lugs. If the tire shop(s) have been running them up with an impact, you could have deeper issues. How does it ride and drive? Any bouncing at all that would point to the wheel not being centered on the hub? Have you inspected the lug holes on the wheels to ensure that they have not been hollowed out? Not to be the bearer of bad news or whatever the case, you should double check all of this while going through this issue to ensure that you don't wind up with more trouble even with new lug nuts on.

Also, for the floor jack, if you have one that will handle the weight but may not be tall enough, go get a 2x6 and cut it into 12" length pieces, then stack those, ******** them together to create a "spacer" to increase the operating height of your current jack. I had to do this with my floor jack.

Good advice thank you. I only drove it home from the shop right around about 10 miles. I didn't notice anything abnormal at all, only when I went around to check them. I am driving the wife's focus in the meantime until the new lugs arrived that should be here on Monday. A day off that I have that I can explore some more. 13 hour overnight shifts doesn't leave a lot of time in the day to play with my truck so I will wait until Monday when I can have more time. It's parked in my garage and honestly being only a focus it sure feels like a race car compared to our trucks so I am not having too bad of time waiting.