Looking to add after market air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I second the Cobb. Go with the Red Line. Like stated above, not adding much but looks so nice. But they were on backorder, I had to wait from April to get mine yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-201842_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-201842_Gallery.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 96

Jeremy K

Reaction score
One of the questions asked of Cobb in the production description addresses your question. Looks like 17 needs a tune, 18+ can be used without. See attached screenshot. But I would still confirm with them if ordering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-121426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-121426_Chrome.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 35

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Injen duel filter intake. I'm not sure if it add any noticeable performance improvements or not ? Common sense tells me the engine must breath easier with this set-up compared to the restriction of the stock air box. Lot's of differing opinions on the forum. But it sure looks a lot cooler then the stock black-box !!!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 42
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 42

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is wether or not you will be off-roading a lot. It’s much easier to change a $40 paper filter than spend time cleaning a reusable. A lot of these aftermarket filters do not filter fine particulates as well as the stock filter does either, which can be dangerous in a truck set up for desert work.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is wether or not you will be off-roading a lot. It’s much easier to change a $40 paper filter than spend time cleaning a reusable. A lot of these aftermarket filters do not filter fine particulates as well as the stock filter does either, which can be dangerous in a truck set up for desert work.

This is true and something to seriously consider with aftermarket air filters. The oiled air filters do not have the same level of filtration as the factory filter. Another thing to be aware of is that the clamps can loosen over time, causing unfiltered air to get into the engine. This causes “dusting” of the engine and turbos, which is seen as scored cylinders and damage to the turbo impellers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter