Looking for Opinions on Modified Raptor Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im tossing around the idea of selling my 2019 and looking to get an idea of fair value/asking price. The truck is located in Socal.

2019 with 57k miles. 802A, blue with recaro's.

Full SVC bolt ons installed by SVC, upper control arms, tie rods ends, stainless brake lines, slot delete, bump stops with Fox IFP's, shackles, Deaver HD's, traction bars, Mojave front bumper with lights, FMIC. Fox Race series 3.0 shocks front and rear.

It has also been converted and dyno tuned to run E85 by Goosetuned with larger injectors (stock fuel pumps). I run E85 daily, but has a 91 tune available as well.

6 Method 703's. Roughly $30k on top of the truck cost including labor.

What are your thoughts at a retail asking price here in Socal?

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't spend more (and perhaps less) on a truck someone else modified. Too many variables to make me comfortable accepting someone else's handywork. Also makes me wonder after the PO spent so much on mods, why is he selling it? Something wrong? You may be better off taking off some of those mods to return to stock (granted, some are not easily reversible), and selling them separately. You might get more return that way.

SoCal is a tricky market to price. Everything seems inflated. You might be best served checking out the prices for other similar Raps in the area, and price accordingly.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah...I think you will get more value returning it to stock and sell off components.

When I buy I used car I dont want any mods. A car that has been modded...to me .....means it has been beaten on. not driven by a 60 year old lady.

at worst, dont expect to get "extra" sale price from your mods.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im tossing around the idea of selling my 2019 and looking to get an idea of fair value/asking price. The truck is located in Socal.

2019 with 57k miles. 802A, blue with recaro's.

Full SVC bolt ons installed by SVC, upper control arms, tie rods ends, stainless brake lines, slot delete, bump stops with Fox IFP's, shackles, Deaver HD's, traction bars, Mojave front bumper with lights, FMIC. Fox Race series 3.0 shocks front and rear.

It has also been converted and dyno tuned to run E85 by Goosetuned with larger injectors (stock fuel pumps). I run E85 daily, but has a 91 tune available as well.

6 Method 703's. Roughly $30k on top of the truck cost including labor.

What are your thoughts at a retail asking price here in Socal?
Not sure about lately but it seemed to be that any used second Gen Raptor with 5-digit mileage was around $70k in California. Didn’t matter the year or mods.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from experience lookin in south fl, cali prob adds 3-5k to these prices.
without mods prob high 50s-low 60s (carfax has a decent bit in the 50k mileage range with recaros at that price range)
with suspension mods maybe mid 60s depends on mileage of shocks and build etc.
Tuning to me devalues it, nothing against the tuner but if im buyin a truck, even used, i try to get an extended warranty, and a tune wipes that out, but thats me, maybe others dont care as much.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should try to sell it here, it might be worth more than blue book to someone who wants the same mods you did. Otherwise, the loss because it's not stock kinda offsets the gain from the mods and you end up back at book. I'm with @Space Ghost in that I would never buy a vehicle that's been tuned. Not just the warranty thing, but tuned vehicles tend to get rode hard and put away wet. E85 tune? Rode real hard. I would only chance it if $100k was pocket change. And it isn't.

OP
OP
G

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the items were easily removed I would just put it back to stock. Frame cut bumper (can pull the lights out), FMIC, upper control arms all have to stay. Could swap out the shocks and remove most of the rear parts if it came down to it, I simply don't really want to.

Im one of the rare ones that did the E85 mostly for cost of fuel here in socal and it isnt much work. About $3500 including dyno tune and labor for the injectors. Dont get me wrong the power with the $2 gallon cheaper fuel is a great bonus and I only lost 2 mpg with the way I drive (averaging 13.7 on E85). Just dipping the throttle a little on the freeway to pass always brings a smile in a big truck. I did E85 on my previous M4 and the power isn't hard to get used to. Obviously a buyer isnt going to know whether I beat it to death or just cruised on the freeway which I understand.

Thanks for taking the time to share opinions.