Looking at two separate Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemon laws differ slightly from state to state but all states have a "last chance" clause. This is where your lawyer and or state are involved and basically tell them this is their last shot at fixing it or they have to buy it back. Having a buy back/ lemon report means they couldn't fix it. It costs the same amount for them to fix it before they buy it back as it does after they buy it back so there is no way they wouldn't have fixed it if they could have before buying it back. Buy buying it back they are basically saying either they can't fix it or it would have cost more to fix it than buy it back. Go with the 13!!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the 2012 they wanted $39,980, and the 2011 they wanted $41,987. Both didn't come with a warranty either, so i would have had to buy one separately. Meanwhile, the 2013 i posted about earlier is still for sale and is listed at $42990 with a ford certified warranty. I may go with the 13, but i was still exploring my options.

'13 had a slightly beefier rear frame and HIDs.

hold off a bit and get a Gen 1 when the Gen 2 is released - the money saved will be more than enough for some suspension goodies.

I agree.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i found two black Raptors at the same dealership

I have never bought a used car from a dealer. It's just the principle of the thing. They bargain down the price of the trade-in, then mark it up above BB.

I would keep your searches to private sales. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
M

Matt C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked out the 2013 from my earlier post, and it looked great on the outside, but once i got inside all i smelled was smoke. Looks like the search continues!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I have never bought a used car from a dealer. It's just the principle of the thing. They bargain down the price of the trade-in, then mark it up above BB.

I would keep your searches to private sales. Just my 2 cents.

If i hadn't been burned by private sales before i would stick to this, but i've had a couple bad experiences and I like being able to hold someone accountable for a sale, as a dealer would be able to assist or offer a warranty where a private seller couldn't.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a SSR in Texas that was a lemon law buy back, they did tell me the reason the owner said it had to much wind noise, which it was the same as all the other SSR's.
If you can find out the reason and the state laws, sometimes folks "come up with a problem" to get out from under the payment. When I sold it, traded in, it posed no problem.

OP
OP
M

Matt C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealership that has those two trucks asked me if i wanted anymore info from them after not talking to them for a few days and i stated my concerns about the carfax reports. He then proceeded to send me the complete warranty history for both vehicles. The 2012 had a lot of work done on it, but nothing major that wasn't fixed as far as i could tell. The 2011 doesn't mention anything about the transmission being replaced, just that there was a fluid leak on the seam between the transmission and transfer case.

Should i still avoid? I'm thinking probably, but i just want to make sure i'm doing all my research. One thing i did notice with both vehicles is that they both went in multiple times for power steering issues. Is this a common issue?

Finally, I have both reports, you guys want me to upload them so you can take a look for yourselves?

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My thoughts....I agree with most about buying newer, but unaware of your budget, so that may be easier said than done. If the dealership really wants to make a deal, tell them your concerns and have them throw in a warranty for your piece of mind. I'd walk away if they didn't. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter