Looking at a raptor 7k miles 12.7mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackrpr

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at a raptor with 7k miles. Trip meter from the previous owner shows 6,700 miles calculated at average MPG of 12.7. This seems low for the truck. Would you consider this if buying the truck or am I off base? Wondering if the previous owner spent 7k miles beating on the powertrain or is this a fairly normal number.

Thank you!

Last edited:

dave_g

Reaction score
If possiable- go back and look at teh idle time, If it was someone who loved his remote start- that would kill the mileage- so would city driving. Trips I'll get 15-17, winter around town, lots of remote start 14ish

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea idle time really kills the mileage. I idle about 20% due to using it for work. office on wheels.

OP
OP
B

blackrpr

Reaction score
Thx for the replies. Stock wheels and tires. I’m thinking lots of idle time is the culprit

MrLiou168

Reaction score
If living in hilly/mountainous country, that is actually not bad. If I hypermile my truck, I can get up to 17+ but normal city driving with a light foot and lots of stop signs and lights could easily push into the 11-12 range.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 gen 2 was 12.8 mpg with 9k miles on it when i sold it. All stock. About right for mostly city driving and a spirited driving. Get it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would look at maintenance records more than the MPG. MPG have something to do with how someone took care of the vehicle.

I drive mine like I stole it so I'm at 15mpg, but oil change every 5k, etc. Baths are so so lol.... its due for diff fluid change soon though!