Looking at a raptor 7k miles 12.7mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
City & Off-Road I’m at 12.8 overall but I run the tires at 32psi. I’m not sure how much that effects it?
I see some folks posting 15-16mpg, I think, they must be driving down hill a lot?? Lol I can get 15 on the freeway, cruise control at 54mph :pepper::driver::driver:

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Sounds right for local driving. Do you know if prior owner was using regular or premium fuel? That may impact as well. Best mileage I ever got was 19 on highway. I usually run regular fuel or half and half

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell on MPG, especially when it's on a car lot. People like to "give her the beans" during test drives. MPG is so subjective. I get around 14 MPG on the highway in Utah as the speed limit is 80 MPH which means I'm traveling at 85'ish. If I drive 75 MPH, I can get 17'ish MPG.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would look at maintenance records more than the MPG. MPG have something to do with how someone took care of the vehicle.

I drive mine like I stole it so I'm at 15mpg, but oil change every 5k, etc. Baths are so so lol.... its due for diff fluid change soon though!
Pics of you driving it like you stole it or we will assume you're sipping double fresh mint latte's with @John M
1651166506877.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Idk how you guys get the mileage you do. I feel I drive my truck fairly conservatively and I am at 14.4. This includes a long highway trip back from AL where I also averaged just under 15.

If it makes you feel any better, I get about 10 mpg in my '18 going to and from work. Over 2 mountain passes.