Lomax trifold tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northerner77

Reaction score
I have been researching tonneau covers and thought I had it nailed down to Bakflip MX4. I like the idea of the Lomax, no drain tubes, matte finish and seems very easy to remove as well. Anyone have experience with the Lomax or a reason to not go that direction?

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed an MX4 after doing much research on this forum. The look and finish are great. It matches the plastic bed cap very well. My issue was the poor quality control and packaging of the cover. Mine came with a bent side rail and a broken plastic latch cap. The worst part of it was that half the latches were mis-located on the rail and I had to remove and redrill to locate them properly. Some latches had the factory screw threads stripped out, so the screws were just omitted. I think the MX4 is a good design, but BAKflip has serious issues with quality. Oh, and they don't accept returns unless it is uninstalled and in the original packaging.

OP
OP
N

northerner77

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been reading similar complaints about the quality control. Although most people seem to be pleased so it sounds like a bit of a gamble.

BucksRunner

Reaction score
I just bought the Lomax this past week. First rain it leaked, so I readjusted it, it still seems the one corner on the driver side by the cab will leak again. The rail doesn't seem to want to sit low enough to make a tight seal against the bed. Anyone have any tips on adjustments?

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s awesome. Looks awesome. fit is awesome. Just bought a month ago.