Line-X gripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop tagging my truck! Yet another business wants to tag my truck. Has this become a common thing? You take all my money and then choose too advertise all over my truck. You did not help me pay for it so what gives you the right to advertise on it. You are not my sponsor. Poor poor business practices such as this will ensure you never get me as a repeat customer - Promise!

I figured I would get the typical Line-X logo underneath the bed liner inside the bed but jeez did it have to be over 7 inches? And then you stick a 6 inch bright yellow sticker on my rear window after I looked over the vehicle and while I was paying for it?

Yes it only took me 5 minutes to remove the sticker and all the adhesive it left behind - that's not the point! If you had given me the sticker I would have stuck it somewhere like my garage door window. You should ask before you stick something to someones truck and not deceptively stick it on while the actual owner is distracted.

You could have received a review good or bad from me based on the actual liner but you will not. My review is negative regardless of how the actual liner may have or may not have turned out.

Suck it Line-X! At least Rhino-liner never put a sticker on any of my trucks - just a very small badge on the inside.

Edit - since so many people agree with this thread lets send a message. Post if you agree or post if you don't. Can't wait to read it. Maybe we'll get through to one of the many that do this type of business practice.

Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Bitching about a sticker?....

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see his point to a degree.. it's less about the sticker and more about them slapping crap on his truck without asking. It's the same as the dealerships sticking their crap all over people's rides without asking first.

That annoys me as well.

~BGM

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like perhaps your gripe is with the franchise location, not the corporation or product. I would have been pissed too, but I'd have made them do the work to remove it.

Last edited:

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its their way of sponsorship. Im sure many people have actually benefitted from their sticker and other people seeing it.

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with bL1x. I have always been very **** about my vehicles. It is my truck and I want to decide what is placed on it.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its their way of sponsorship. Im sure many people have actually benefitted from their sticker and other people seeing it.

I completely agree however with the bold part of your statement in that it's advertising. It's NOT sponsorship unless they do it for free or a reduced price with the condition of advertising their product. Them doing work on your truck in no way gives them the right to use your vehicle as advertising. If they want to ASK first, cool, but just slapping crap on the truck because they ASSUME it's okay.. no cool.

~BGM