GEN 2 Limp mode fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
USCxGAMECOCK

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
If everything clears and it starts up clean, it means that it was a sensor malfunction and the readings have normalized. You should be just fine to drive the truck. Do yourself a favor though and keep the pedal commander off for 50 or so miles.

If it doesnt clear everything, it means something is still catching a reading that is no bueno. If that is the case, I'd have the truck towed to your dealer.
Also, I put the headlights on "on" and not "auto" correct? Or does that even matter?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate all of your help. It didn't fix the issue so I guess it's off to the dealership I go.

Did any of the lights clear? Or did all stay on?

Do you have a code reader?

If they all stayed on it sounds more like a short or loose plug.

Either that or it is a combination of a damaged ABS sensor and the pedal commander.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
They all stayed on. Everything looks exactly the same.

Please keep me in the loop once you get a solution from the dealer. So far based on what I've seen/personally experienced, I'd group them into two issues ( if it isn't a plug or short)

-ABS fault
-Forward Collision Warning fault
-Park Aid fault
-Steering Assist fault

= ABS sensor short / cut wire

-Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power fault
-U0401 Invalid Data Received(ECM)

= Big change to environmental conditions ( altitude, octane, intake leak) Realistically the U0401 is the MAF and TPS showing values that do not match based on other readings.

-Restraint Indicator Lamp fault

makes me think it is an electrical short, loose plug, etc because it makes ZERO sense with the other two groups of messages.

I'd be interested to understand what IDS says when the truck is scanned vs what a standard obdII reader pulls.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Well I have an update. They said a rodent has chewed through some wiring and my warranty won't cover any part of it.

they kind of have to prove is was a rodent and that the damage that was caused was not due to a manufacturing defect.

did they share any pics of where the harness was damaged?

OP
OP
USCxGAMECOCK

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
they kind of have to prove is was a rodent and that the damage that was caused was not due to a manufacturing defect.

did they share any pics of where the harness was damaged?

I asked for one and they haven't yet. But they told me all of this towards their closing time for the day.