Limit Straps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the limiting factor? at full droop my uca just about hits the shock coil? is that the limiting factor? lol

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ball joints can only articulate so much, stock tie rods can only articulate so much, stock cv's can only articulate so much, stock shocks only have so much travel...at some point the everything becomes a limiting factor.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea and my goal is to not let it get that far. works for me.

any info on what shock length/ spring rate would be a good combo for a standard cab f150 w 5.0 that has raptor front suspension?

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always imagined that a strap might reduce the harshness I've come to expect from the front suspension hitting full droop. Or are the straps so beefy that they hit just as hard?

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what people are saying the oem cast lca's can handle the weight of the heavy ass truck but get fatigued from a limit strap? Use common sense here. To each there own.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, if you want the straps throw them on. They look cool, I get it.
But bare in mind that there are 0 reported failures or wear related to the suspension droop being limited by the dampers. There is nothing special about your truck, there are 1000's more out there with the same suspension.
You are most likely going to create more issues and failure points than you are correcting.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sense what I am trying to tell you is obviously not getting through and you seem like you just want to argue, I am going to bow out. Good luck with your limit strap project. We have quad wrapped limit straps from 8-32" in 1" increments and 40" straps in stock and ready to ship if you need some.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
What I got from this thread:
- " hi guys what do you think about limit straps on the front end?"

- " they aren't really necessary"

-" yes they are. I don't like being told they're not"

- SDHQ and a few others drop knowledge

- knowledge is ignored.

- /thread.