Lights Not Activating When I Approach Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Battery hack. Call Ford Roadside assistance. They have batteries in their trucks. Call, say dead battery. When they show, say you had it on the tender and they will swap it out.
Actually not a bad idea.

I've been dealing with this for months with my truck - same issues. I've done the manual BMS reset by flashing the lights and hitting the brakes and watching the battery icon on the dash. Still nothing. The dealer that I have, super trusted and has gone above and beyond for me every step of the way with everything I've ever brought to them, said they have no idea what's going on. Aside from replacing the battery on my own... I'm kinda out of ideas.

Maybe I'll park at the local diner and call for roadside o_O No joke though, does that/would that actually work?

OP
OP
Tbogo

Tbogo

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. When you say they diagnose right there and if it shows good they will still replace? Do you pay them for the service?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. When you say they diagnose right there and if it shows good they will still replace? Do you pay them for the service?
They will put a meter on it and if it's below I think 14., the say it's weak and will need to be replaced and will offer to do it right there. Just make sure when you call to say the battery is dead so they will bring one with them if it's not in their truck already.

You don't pay for roadside service but I believe you MIGHT have to pay for the battery but you can call ford and ask for a warranty claim and the check will come in a couple of weeks. I say MIGHT as it's a prorated amount from sale date to service date. Closer to sale the cheaper it is. The longer you've had it, the more it is.

I had them swap out my kids mustang and my wife's Lincoln and it was nice having them come. I didnt mind paying them at all. They even have this thing that plugs into the ODB2 port to keep the car powered while they swap it to keep things like time and radio settings.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a sneaky way to get it done.
Not sneaky at all.

If the battery is suspect, use the service that comes with the trucks rather than fight with the dealership.

If I am even more transparent, the road side assistance tech's are better than 95% of the dealership mechanics IMHO.

When my kids battery was dead, they out, tested the battery, alternator, cables etc and said the battery needed to be replaced. $300 later, battery replaced, everything retested and he was on his way. All in about 90 mins. Emailed Ford since he had a warranty, they had the notes from the tech and we got check for $135 (pro rated amount)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely gonna have to do this and hopefully it'll solve my issue. I'll be sure to return to this thread!