Light bars in bumper pockets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the space in person without lights? I think 3 pods look a lot better for sure. I had to 2 whites per side and a Amber. 4 whites were wired to upfittter 1 and the amber to 2. I did see a need to replace the single pod that I broke with another one when all 4 were wired to 1 switch so I swapped it out with a bar.

I totally agree about the awkwardness of a bar but for me, it about simplicity.

I favor 3 pools, then a bar in the pool, then just a bar and then nothing. In that order.

Click on above.

I am so confused.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`m confused too! So I end up buying both and look at them for over a month or so on the workbench then I finally make a decision and................

Something new comes out and I start over again........

Truck still has no lights on it but the bench does and it looks real nice LOL

It will all end up next to all the Jeep stuff that never made it on

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Click on above.

I am so confused.
Lemme splain again.

I bought a 3 pod kit. And installed with 2 white pods and 1 amber pod per side. All 4 whites were wired to up fitter 1 and the 2 ambers were on 2

Idiot, me, broke a pod and thought, if I have 4 lights going to 1 switch, they are doing the same thing so I said to myself, self, replace the other 3 with a bar.

Said idiot ordered a bar and removed the remaining 3 and wired both bars to upfitter1.

I love the look of 3 pods per side but how I use them and wired them was dumb. I’m OK with the bar and pod. I don’t like nothing there in the whole. Something, bar or pod, should fill that space.

Better?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme splain again.

I bought a 3 pod kit. And installed with 2 white pods and 1 amber pod per side. All 4 whites were wired to up fitter 1 and the 2 ambers were on 2

Idiot, me, broke a pod and thought, if I have 4 lights going to 1 switch, they are doing the same thing so I said to myself, self, replace the other 3 with a bar.

Said idiot ordered a bar and removed the remaining 3 and wired both bars to upfitter1.

I love the look of 3 pods per side but how I use them and wired them was dumb. I’m OK with the bar and pod. I don’t like nothing there in the whole. Something, bar or pod, should fill that space.

Better?

Did you read the last sentence in your post I quoted? Tongue in cheek

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In all fairness to the ford engineers who designed the Raptor bumper, the hole was for extra cooling of the shocks and brakes and to give the competition a glimpse of your suspension as none of them had anything like it.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all fairness to the ford engineers who designed the Raptor bumper, the hole was for extra cooling of the shocks and brakes and to give the competition a glimpse of your suspension as none of them had anything like it.
Cool, but I use them as a step to wash the hood.