Lift required for catback install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine sitting on Rhino ramps. When it came time to remove factory exhaust I had to jack the rear up about 3 inches above the ramps for it to clear. No need to drop the spare IMHO.

First time I used my new Harbor Freight 2 ton low profile/high lift and I must say it's one of the nicest jacks I've owned. Lifts to nearly 24", nice foot pump and t-handle to raise and dial knob to lower.

image_24017.jpg

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I parked the truck on a hill next to my drive. Gave me an additional foot or more under the main area of the truck. Dropped old exhaust and installed the catbacks. Easy. No tire drop, nothing.

Malibu1

Reaction score
Besides the lift, can a single person get the stock exhaust off, or do you need a second person also? I want to install my Corsa this weekend but it is only me available for the install:)

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Besides the lift, can a single person get the stock exhaust off, or do you need a second person also? I want to install my Corsa this weekend but it is only me available for the install:)

You can do it with no lift and one person.
I did mine in the driveway. Just drop the spare to give you some room to get the stock exhaust out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malibu1

Reaction score
Got the Corsa installed today. I left the truck on the ground and left the spare tire in. I jacked up the truck by the frame rail in the back only about 2 inches and took the factory exhaust out all in one piece with the hangers and tips attached. Total install time was 55 minutes. I did have a helper who is now helping me drink some beverages.