Lets be real… Raptors aka fords are pieces of shit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pismobound

Reaction score
That happened to my moonroof after I performed the required maintenance on it. I accidentally pulled it free from the track. Just push it back on. Look at the opposite side for reference. Took about 30 seconds to fix and haven’t had any problems with it since.

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have come to the conclusion that every vehicle I own is a POS. Then after I sell it, looking back I think “what an awesome vehicle that was”.
I feel that the enthusiast brain is so detail oriented that no vehicle exists that could possibly check every box.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do own a supercar (2021 R8 performance) and Merc 63S. Flawless cars.
How many miles have you owned them I promise they will fall apart.

Just had a 2013 (93000 miles) Audi in the shop the dealer quoted $11,000 in repairs needed. Owner purchased 2 months ago for $14k. My shop quote was $6000

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Raptor’s are POS. They look cool and I assume they make owners feel cool. However, I just bought my wife a Ford lariat with the sport and black package and IMO it is just as cool, but it is a real truck. It can do truck stuff! It has 400 HP, which is 50 less than the Raptor and it FEELS just as fast. It is also much more nimble on the pavement and a lot easier to park. Common, how many Raptors jump sand dunes? I have owned Gen 1, 2 and 3, I still own the 3, but realize I could have saved a bunch of money with a Lariat!

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do own a supercar (2021 R8 performance) and Merc 63S. Flawless cars.
So... it's a S63, not 63S. hmmm. They are wonderful cars! Just very VERY needy from on the maintenance side of things. Calling an Audi R8 a "supercar" is a bit of a, um, stretch. lol

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles have you owned them I promise they will fall apart.

Just had a 2013 (93000 miles) Audi in the shop the dealer quoted $11,000 in repairs needed. Owner purchased 2 months ago for $14k. My shop quote was $6000
People don't realize WHY the depreciation is so heavy on "cheap" european luxury cars. lol