Leaking Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YanevSMY

Reaction score
I was excited to pick up my first Raptor this past Weekend and enjoyed the 600mile drive up from NC to NY. I picked up a fully loaded 37inch Raptor in Antimatter Blue 10k over sticker.

Now onto the sad bit. I was driving to pick up the kids from after school program. After parking (car was left on) I noticed a ticking noise coming from the engine bay but I didn't think much of it. 10 blocks later I turn the corner to my block and the RPMs jump and a SHIFTER ERROR comes up on my dash. I shut the car off and start it back up and pull into the driveway. Only then to notice a pool of red fluid under the tray and on the tray as well. I had experienced slight RPM jumps earlier in the day and the day before but it was like 1-2 times.

I called Ford Roadside to schedule a pickup today to take the truck to the dealership. I then call the dealership today and they tell me they can't even look at the truck until the end of next week. And if it is a transmission issue their Transmission tech is out on vacation until November.

BUT WAIT IT GETS BETTER.
I get to work and notice where I parked the truck the day before is a pool of fluid too and a trail leading out of the spot.

I am basically thinking the transmission is going to be toast as I drove over 15 miles at least with the leak. I will have to backtrack my previous stop at the inspection station to see if the truck was leaking there too.

IT GETS EVEN BETTER ACTUALLY.
- Dealership has no loner cars.
- Rental Cars are practically unavailable in NY.
- And the other car we have my wife uses to get to work.

Do you guys think I would be asking too much of Ford if I asked for a New Truck?
What would you do if you were in my position?
Have you had a similar situation in the past?

Attachments

• received_380583293554751.mp4
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_20210921_173421.jpg
    IMG_20210921_173421.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210922_090301.jpg
    IMG_20210922_090301.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 72

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that really sucks. Sounds like there was a loose hose or something. I wouldn't be too worried that you drove it, the truck warns you when there is an issue and it seems that you parked it pretty fast after the warning. Even if there is damage, you are covered under warranty. I would demand that the dealer make it right ASAP. If they don't have a transmission tech until November, then they need to get one called in from another dealership, or have your truck taken to another dealership where they can fix it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang it, sucks that this is happening. I would definitely try another dealer. Or call Ford customer service and see if they can tow it somewhere else or something. I doubt it's anything major anyway. Keep us posted.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if they wanted to give you another truck, there are no 37 pack trucks out there to give. And you further complicated any potential follow on Lemon Law proceedings by willingly paying ADM. You would eat all of that should the worst come to pass.

You have enough money to pay $10,000 over sticker for a pickup truck so you therefore have enough money to rent a car on Turo for a few weeks.

Sucks that this happened but Ford is under no obligation to see that you get a loaner vehicle.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man, I know it sucks this happened, but you’re covered. They will fix this leak, get you back in business and within a few miles you will not be thinking of this again.

These kinds of teething problems happen to EVERY manufacturer out there, so don’t read anything more into this than is already there. Object lesson here: check the truck periodically for leaks (reminder for me too).