Last teaser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really digging the looks so far. Almost looks like a natural evolution of the Gen 1 design. Not there's anything wrong with the way a Gen 2 looks mind you.

Now give me way to opt out of the V6 without spending $80,000+ on a Predator V8 powered Raptor. Frankly, too much money and too much power for the real world. Give me the 7.3 Godzilla engine and I'll be content.

I too would like to see a return of the SCAB but we have heard rumors of it's demise for some time and the TRX launching in only one configuration makes me think it is less likely than ever.

The 7.3 is a cast iron workhorse designed for HD applications, all the way up to busses and motorhomes. It’s not designed for performance applications. Never mind the fact that it makes less horsepower and torque than the EcoBoost while getting worse fuel economy. Putting that engine in a Raptor would make zero sense from every perspective.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5.2 in stock crate form is available and pushes over 575hp naturally aspirated. Like previously stated the 7.3 is a workhorse not a ripper. I'd like to see the N/A as the base engine and S/C as an option.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can we through the 6.8 in to the mix as well? 7.3, 6.8, 5.2, 5.0, 3.5,
3.5 PB. Fords got a wide array of power plants to play with. A 4.2TT would have been evolutionary.