Lane Keep Assist Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting errors with their lane keep assist? I have had 2 in the past couple weeks. The Ford Pass app says "The lane keeping system has detected either a system fault or an obstructed front camera". Under the 'What should I do' tab, it says to clean the windshield and move any accumulation of debris from the front camera.

I do not have any dirt or anything in front of the front camera, however, I should mention that both mornings that it happened, I did have dew on my windshield which I did wipe off with the wipers. Should I have sprayed some windshield washer fluid on to clear that off so that the front camera gets cleaned too?

Dude, dealer service.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey hope I'm not thread jacking. How well does LKA work for those that have it? Wonder how well it keeps you in the middle of the lane

So long as the system is active and it sees the lines it actually works really well, especially going through turns.

I actually prefer how it works vs The system AUDI has, if you set it to early detection it'll actually feel like its fighting you going down the road. The Ford system has a little more leeway, but will keep you within your lane.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So long as the system is active and it sees the lines it actually works really well, especially going through turns.

I actually prefer how it works vs The system AUDI has, if you set it to early detection it'll actually feel like its fighting you going down the road. The Ford system has a little more leeway, but will keep you within your lane.

Careful now. You might end up branded a “Euro-skeptic” like me :)

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So does it actually turn for you? the couple of videos i have seen, the truck doesnt really stay in the center, it kinda ping pongs between the lane.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even think my LKA even works. I have it enabled in the menu, but whenever I let go of the wheel on the highway to test (whoa, calm down... it was clear, no traffic) it does absolutely NOTHING. No vibration, no wheel correction. Any ideas?!

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even think my LKA even works. I have it enabled in the menu, but whenever I let go of the wheel on the highway to test (whoa, calm down... it was clear, no traffic) it does absolutely NOTHING. No vibration, no wheel correction. Any ideas?!

Push the button below the gear selector, thinks your LKA isn't on

You should see <<< ____ >>> these arrows on both sides of the road in your dash

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
who stays in their lane ? people will move around u.

Some of us have to push the latte spilling, cell yakking, dropped their cigarette, holier than thou, punk @ss, hypermiling priussies or traffic would never get up to the speed limit.

Raptor privilege comes with responsibilities, man.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it actually turn for you? the couple of videos i have seen, the truck doesnt really stay in the center, it kinda ping pongs between the lane.

As long as it detect the lanes, it can turn to keep you in your lane, but it's not Tesla autonomous. On straight roads your right that it kinda ping pongs you down the lane. Reminds me of someone who's DUI.

Assuming you have it one, sometimes it doesn't detect the lanes. You know when the lanes are detected because the <<</>>> will be green. If they're white/light gray, the lane lines haven't been detected.

Last edited:

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push the button below the gear selector, thinks your LKA isn't on

You should see <<< ____ >>> these arrows on both sides of the road in your dash

Doh! That was it. It works now. Thanks, Fred!! :chewie:

For some reason or another, I thought that button was just some kind of automated parking assist feature that I would never use.