Kooks high flow GREEN catted down pipes installed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r8ders

Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of stock catted down pipes if someone here who put a Kooks system in wants to get rid of theirs. I want them for a project I'm trying to do.

Thank you

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not to bring up the sparing match again, but after researching this to death, couple of questions:
1) if going w/ spd adapters, these will mate up to them?
2) do these hang down as low as the SW? Or factory?
3) still no CEL after hundreds of miles? If it does pop up what's the alternative, tune? If so will emissions still fly? In CT these bastards are tuff!
Keep it clean fella's....

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not to bring up the sparing match again, but after researching this to death, couple of questions:
1) if going w/ spd adapters, these will mate up to them?
2) do these hang down as low as the SW? Or factory?
3) still no CEL after hundreds of miles? If it does pop up what's the alternative, tune? If so will emissions still fly? In CT these bastards are tuff!
Keep it clean fella's....

I can confirm Kooks will mate to SPD Adapters. I was about to have Kooks Downpipes installed when I had the SPD Adapters installed but my shop ended up talking me into waiting for SPD's downpipe to become available this fall. The adapters will work with Kooks just fine though. Will not work with SW, as you likely know.

I'll let someone else comment on 2 and 3.

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm Kooks will mate to SPD Adapters. I was about to have Kooks Downpipes installed when I had the SPD Adapters installed but my shop ended up talking me into waiting for SPD's downpipe to become available this fall. The adapters will work with Kooks just fine though. Will not work with SW, as you likely know.

I'll let someone else comment on 2 and 3.

I can confirm that Kooks will work with SPD Adapters,had them install last Friday the only problem is that you will need a tune without one you will get 420 450 code.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that Kooks will work with SPD Adapters,had them install last Friday the only problem is that you will need a tune without one you will get 420 450 code.

I assume the only tune will fix that is 5 star at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to make a decision on Kooks.

Since you just had them installed, Do they hang down lower than the factory downpipe?

Thanks!

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a decision on Kooks.

Since you just had them installed, Do they hang down lower than the factory downpipe?

Thanks!

I would say a little but not much to worry about it.

NickSim

Reaction score
I would say a little but not much to worry about it.

Do they hang below the transmission cross member? My SW cat-less hang down 3/4-1", which in my mind is not acceptable as the first time I hit bottom out on anything it's taking out the exhaust and probably damaging the turbos/headers.

Because of that, I'm considering switching to Kooks.

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they hang below the transmission cross member? My SW cat-less hang down 3/4-1", which in my mind is not acceptable as the first time I hit bottom out on anything it's taking out the exhaust and probably damaging the turbos/headers.

Because of that, I'm considering switching to Kooks.

I don't think they do
BTW anyone interesting in Corsa PN 14397GNM toooo loud for me with Kooks down pipes