GEN 2 Kooks Green Down pipe with AWE 0FG too loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3LELENA

Reaction score
Is it a PITA to install downpipes on this truck? I have not really looked underneath to see what all is involved with swapping them out.

Swapped the downpipe on my STI numerous times, pretty easy.
+1

Sara/AWE

Reaction score
Hey Guys I will be posting a video of it but I was wondering how I can quiet this down. My truck sounds like a Raspy lawn mower hitting Vtec. I had the DP before the AWE and I could hear the Raspy sound when I got on the truck and now I put the catback on and it completely woke it up! I also have drone as well. I was looking at a few options below.

Option 1: put back on stock down pipe.

Option 2: try COBB catted downpipe when it comes out and add additional muffler?

Option 3: Sell full exhaust, buy Ford Touring performance?

I really like the quality of both exhaust, just not particularly for me.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Ryle

For those that run into this situation, a 4th option is to put your stock mids back on and run the 2FG H-Pipe section with the 0FG tip outlets (since those are cosmetic) and you will knock the drone back a bit.

We always try to keep future mods in mind when designing systems, but our goal is unlocking performance on stock vehicles. Anytime you increase flow with new cats or deleting them, you bring new frequencies into the system that were not necessarily accounted for during initial system design. Good luck and as always, DM me with any questions or concerns about setting up your Gen2 Raptor with any one of our AWE choices!

bpetty13

Reaction score
For those that run into this situation, a 4th option is to put your stock mids back on and run the 2FG H-Pipe section with the 0FG tip outlets (since those are cosmetic) and you will knock the drone back a bit.

We always try to keep future mods in mind when designing systems, but our goal is unlocking performance on stock vehicles. Anytime you increase flow with new cats or deleting them, you bring new frequencies into the system that were not necessarily accounted for during initial system design. Good luck and as always, DM me with any questions or concerns about setting up your Gen2 Raptor with any one of our AWE choices!

By “stock mids” do you mean the stock resonator? I’m assuming so, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Caveguru

Reaction score
also, has anyone tried the AFE equal-length downpipes with this setup? Hard to predict how they would sound, although they do have cats in them.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post one up tomorrow morning, it’s extremely “Raspy” and very high pitch at any RPM over 4500.

Interested what you ended up going with. I have the same set up as you did (Kooks + AWE 0fg) and it's very loud & raspy. Looking for suggestions.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the awe. It’ll fix a lot of the rasp. Go corsa if you keep the dp. I’ve tried all of the awe setups with spd dp n awe just sounds like *** with a dp. Alone it’s not bad.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the awe. It’ll fix a lot of the rasp. Go corsa if you keep the dp. I’ve tried all of the awe setups with spd dp n awe just sounds like *** with a dp. Alone it’s not bad.

Good to know. I have the stock exhaust from the previous seller, might throw that back on.

From what I know, which isn't much, keeping downpipes on vs an aftermarket exhaust will retain better performance gains. I am running a stage 1 goosetunes ecu/tcu map fwiw.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket dp and stock res sounds best IMO.

I’ve gone thru a handful of setups n I’ve settled on the qtp e cutout with spd dp/adapter and 2 resonators. Drone was bad without The resonators even closed. But now it’s similar to having aftermarket dp and stock res or awe 2H alone with less drone.