GEN 2 Kooks Green Down pipe with AWE 0FG too loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EasyAllin

Reaction score
Hey Guys I will be posting a video of it but I was wondering how I can quiet this down. My truck sounds like a Raspy lawn mower hitting Vtec. I had the DP before the AWE and I could hear the Raspy sound when I got on the truck and now I put the catback on and it completely woke it up! I also have drone as well. I was looking at a few options below.

Option 1: put back on stock down pipe.

Option 2: try COBB catted downpipe when it comes out and add additional muffler?

Option 3: Sell full exhaust, buy Ford Touring performance?

I really like the quality of both exhaust, just not particularly for me.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Ryle

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I will be posting a video of it but I was wondering how I can quiet this down. My truck sounds like a Raspy lawn mower hitting Vtec. I had the DP before the AWE and I could hear the Raspy sound when I got on the truck and now I put the catback on and it completely woke it up! I also have drone as well. I was looking at a few options below.

Option 1: put back on stock down pipe.

Option 2: try COBB catted downpipe when it comes out and add additional muffler?

Option 3: Sell full exhaust, buy Ford Touring performance?

I really like the quality of both exhaust, just not particularly for me.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Ryle
Very interested to hear a sound clip when you get a chance.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a PITA to install downpipes on this truck? I have not really looked underneath to see what all is involved with swapping them out.

Swapped the downpipe on my STI numerous times, pretty easy.