GEN 2 KO2 wet roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malamuteman

Reaction score
OEM bfg ko2’s. They have about 50% tread wear. Whenever the roads get wet they become difficult to drive with. I’ve been seeing issues with accelerating at standstill and downshifting on the highway. Tossed some of that up to the tune. However had to do an emergency stop this morning going about 45mph. I ended up sliding about 2-3 truck lengths and needed more. I was blessed that there was dirt to run into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gopher870

Reaction score
What are you running for pressure front and back? I found the factory spec on the door to be high for me and run 32/33 with much improved ride, handling, and performance. Though, KA02, are not the best in wet weather but it did improve. Be warned, cold days will probably get a TPMS warning until your tires warm up and increase pressure. Good luck.

Jwin

Reaction score
Hi there. Charlotte here as well. Mine seem fine on wet roads. I drive pretty conservative, though.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KO2’s are shit tires, period. Wet traction is a hazard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d argue that one. The tires are good, but most All Terrains that do not feature aggressive siping are poor in wet conditions. This combined with the light rear end of the truck makes for a poor combination.