Kleinn Train Horns: Gen 2 Direct Fit Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of the cheap amazon horns in a similar location mounted on the frame rail with a slight angle down (so they drain) - they're holding up well with rain, dust and basic mud, and I've got Husky mud flaps in front so your Rok Bloks should definitely help.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My coworker was looking at putting something in front of them. Maybe a midflap would do the trick?
Yeah that would be a logical next step if the mud flaps don't take care of it. I might just relocate them to the bumper, or skid plate. As it stands now, I've got to pull them off and clean the diaphragms because they don't sound right. Learning has occurred.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished taking off the backs of the horns, cleaning the diaphragms and everything out. The front horn diaphragm took a small rock and is dinged. The other two were in decent shape surprisingly.
Something I discovered during- and this is extremely important for anyone installing these: the wiring used on the Blast master upgraded valves is very poor quality. The reason I took the horns apart to begin with was I suspected damage or gunk on the diaphragms because they were not sounding off crisply, and the sound itself was off. Well, the reason was that the negative leads were literally crumbling apart. The insulation and the strands of wire were completely corroded and deteriorated. The valves were not getting enough current to open against the spring tension, hence the bad performance. I've never seen wire corrode like this and so fast. If I were to do the install over, I would replace the valve wire leads with a better quality automotive wire. I feel like I cured a disease finding this problem... I'm very relieved. The horns just pop off and sound like they did on day one.

Last edited: