Kleinn Train Horns: Gen 2 Direct Fit Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update here?
I'd like to update the thread after 8 months of use: the location of the horns turned out to be complete dogsh!t. If you drive your truck on ANYTHING but dry pavement, you will absolutely develop problems with the horns.
Snow covered road= horns rendered inoperable, requires disassembly to clear crud from diaphragm.
Rain and wet roads= hit or miss on if they will work properly. Sometimes just running the valves open and emptying the tank will blow them back to normal.
Off road, mud= complete destruction, removal, rebuild.
Off road, dry conditions= dust and stuff will likely get into horn body causing problems.

Pete over at kleinn says, and I quote "We recommend you don't take your truck out in snow conditions. Most of the people we asked when designing the kit don't take their trucks out in the snow anyway."
So at least Pete is satisfied.
Don't pay for the kit. Do something else and mount them in an appropriate location.

20191028_115822.jpg

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to update the thread after 8 months of use: the location of the horns turned out to be complete dogsh!t. If you drive your truck on ANYTHING but dry pavement, you will absolutely develop problems with the horns.
Snow covered road= horns rendered inoperable, requires disassembly to clear crud from diaphragm.
Rain and wet roads= hit or miss on if they will work properly. Sometimes just running the valves open and emptying the tank will blow them back to normal.
Off road, mud= complete destruction, removal, rebuild.
Off road, dry conditions= dust and stuff will likely get into horn body causing problems.

Pete over at kleinn says, and I quote "We recommend you don't take your truck out in snow conditions. Most of the people we asked when designing the kit don't take their trucks out in the snow anyway."
So at least Pete is satisfied.
Don't pay for the kit. Do something else and mount them in an appropriate location.

View attachment 131651

Wow that's a bummer. My coworker was concerned about that...he has it all put together just lacks hooking them up.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a bummer. My coworker was concerned about that...he has it all put together just lacks hooking them up.
Yes it is. I ordered some RokBlok mud flaps so we'll see if that helps. It should help some but I doubt it will solve the problem completely. I've been wanting mud flaps anyway. I'll report back.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes it is. I ordered some RokBlok mud flaps so we'll see if that helps. It should help some but I doubt it will solve the problem completely. I've been wanting mud flaps anyway. I'll report back.

Tuck them up under / around the skid plate maybe?