king shock???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am wondering why I don't see too many frf members with king shocks and why so many of the vendors sell king 3.0 but run the fox or icons. What is the difference in the quality and performance of the king compared to the fox/icon? does fox/icon have something king does not?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I am wondering why I don't see too many frf members with king shocks and why so many of the vendors sell king 3.0 but run the fox or icons. What is the difference in the quality and performance of the king compared to the fox/icon? does fox/icon have something king does not?

IMO it's all about marketing! King doesn't seem to spend much in that department

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run King shocks. They are definitely high quality! They just haven't focused on the Raptor market as much as others. Huck and I installed my Kings. He is a Fox guy and he was impressed with the King quality. Their 3.0 are very heavy and we'll constructed.

I do get what you are asking though. When I started researching shocks it almost seemed like there were 2 main options and 1 lonely third choice (King). I continued my research and ended up buying King. Several vendors run King on some of their trucks. SVC and TMX both have trucks with Kings. Outlaw does too I think but not 100% certain. Go look at any off road race and you will see tons of trucks running King shocks.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually yes I see icon shocks run the mint400 Baja 1000 Vegas to Reno Laughlin desert challenge you name it.. Now they're not on any trophy trucks or class 1 or unlimited buggies but some of the more mild classes do run icons. Icon doesn't have the time invested into the off road industry like king or fox does cause they haven't been around as long and it shows sometimes.

Now to get to your question kings are bad ass shocks off road. The thing that turns people away from kings on their raptor is the street tuning ability where as fox has a wider range of adjustment for street and off road. But plenty of guys run kings on their daily drivers and they don't mind the small amount of street drivability for a beast in the dirt.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kings are more expensive correct? That can also play a big role in how many own them.