Kentucky and Tennessee in March.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://claudiasandersshelbyville.com/ if you like family style. It's the actual original KFC recipe from Col. Sanders before he sold the restaurant and his recipe was changed. It's also an interesting story if you're ever interested. Claudia was his wife and they opened a few restaurants to compete with KFC since Col. Sanders hated what the new owners were doing with it. Lawsuits occurred. In the end they were allowed to keep this one but never franchise.

Sanders was a serious hillbilly, like he'd shoot you for painting over his advertisements. And did. He really dressed like he did in the commercials and drove around Kentucky in a white Cadillac in the mid 70s. My family lived near his in his early days and had some interesting stories.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://claudiasandersshelbyville.com/ if you like family style. It's the actual original KFC recipe from Col. Sanders before he sold the restaurant and his recipe was changed. It's also an interesting story if you're ever interested. Claudia was his wife and they opened a few restaurants to compete with KFC since Col. Sanders hated what the new owners were doing with it. Lawsuits occurred. In the end they were allowed to keep this one but never franchise.

Sanders was a serious hillbilly, like he'd shoot you for painting over his advertisements. And did. He really dressed like he did in the commercials and drove around Kentucky in a white Cadillac in the mid 70s. My family lived near his in his early days and had some interesting stories.
I think we’re stopping in Shelbyville. Wife wants to make a pitstop at Bulleit.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still in Sevierville and want to go have a nice dinner Gaucho Urbano is a really good Brazilian Steakhouse. They have the best picanha I've ever had in my life.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're still in Sevierville and want to go have a nice dinner Gaucho Urbano is a really good Brazilian Steakhouse. They have the best picanha I've ever had in my life.
We saw it on the strip but for sure next time.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Got some chicken and catfish takeout. Thanks for the recommendation.

IMG_6922.jpeg

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to post where we stayed in Tennessee. I found an Airbnb on Bluff Mountain. It overlooked Pigeon Forge and the Smokys. Nice and quiet away from the crowds.

IMG_6818.jpeg
IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6828.jpeg

Close to Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

Did a nice hike up Cove Mountain. Didn’t realize how busy it was gonna be.

1710695269940.jpeg

1710695297584.jpeg

Great place to visit and definitely going back. Too bad gotta go back to work on Monday.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just left the Pige last week. Absolutely hated it but I hate crowds. Down in GA for a few days near blue ridge. Hoping to get out to Beasley knob ohv tomorrow.

OP
OP
JohnyPython

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just left the Pige last week. Absolutely hated it but I hate crowds. Down in GA for a few days near blue ridge. Hoping to get out to Beasley knob ohv tomorrow.
Yes Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg were very busy but we stayed away from that. Bluff mountain was peaceful.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's been several years since I've been to Beasley Knob but there is no way in hell I'd take my Raptor there. I got a shit ton of trail damage on my Jeep TJ(I didn't really care, I used to beat the crap out of that thing). If you want a nice drive hit up USFS 64. Go in at Old CCC Camp Rd and USFS 64 and you can take USFS 64 all the way to Forest Service Rd 22-2 and ride that all the way up into Tennessee. It's a beautiful drive, especially in the Fall and Spring.

Last edited: