JLT Oil Separator Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
SOLVED: If your hose is audibly clicking, but not locking in, then you have to manually seat the tang (gray clip). After the hose has clicked in, find the release tang and move it forward/backward until it clicks a second time. Re-test that it is locked by pulling back lightly and making sure it won't pull off.

ORIGINAL POST:

Just installed a brand new JLT Oil Separator on my 2013 Screw. The low side (longer hose) clicks in and locks, while the high side (shorter hose) clicks in and easily pulls out without pressing the clip. I have been playing with it trying to get it to lock in for 30 minutes now, with no luck. So much for an easy 5m install. Comparably, I reinstalled the OEM hose and the top side locks no problem.

I'm not complaining about JLT or the product yet because I believe I just got a dud (I am emailing them now), but I thought I would let you guys know. Check your high end to make sure it doesn't pull out without unclipping. Something tells me that if that hose comes unclipped while driving and the vacuum is lost, that it might be a bad thing.

Last edited:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the JLT on my '13 with no issues. I did notice that it needs to line up almost exactly before it "clicks" in place. Good luck!

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I installed the JLT on my '13 with no issues. I did notice that it needs to line up almost exactly before it "clicks" in place. Good luck!

Well, I installed it easily as well. It clicks in just fine. It's only when I apply some pressure to make sure it is locked that I find it easily pulls off, despite the audible click. Had I just installed it and assumed the click meant it was locked, I wouldn't have noticed it.

My only point is that the audible click does not accurately indicate it is locked, and that it should be checked with light pressure if you haven't done so already.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some trouble with mine on the high side to. You have to take a flat head screwdriver and pop out the little tab on the new hose at the same time u try to push it on.at least thats what i did.

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I had some trouble with mine on the high side to. You have to take a flat head screwdriver and pop out the little tab on the new hose at the same time u try to push it on.at least thats what i did.

You're correct. I must have pushed and pulled that damn thing 20+ times listening to it click in (but not lock). You have to push it on, wait for the audible click, and then hunt down the gray tang and manually seat it. It should provide a second audible click when the tang seats properly. After that, all locked in.

Good to know, and quick turnaround. Will update OP.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ouch. I didnt know there was troubles with these. The JLT crew would be glad to help you out. They're good people. I custom did mine so no problems here.