I've been busy lately...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I've been running around like crazy this week... 3 trips to the Bay area and 1 trip to Lodi last night to pick this up...

572b41a5.jpg

c8c50eaa.jpg

Its an early production '64 1/2 coupe with all new mechanicals... brand new 302 (Edelbrock aluminum heads, intake, cam, etc.), new C4 (upgraded stall and valve body), all new front suspension (including Flaming River rack kit), 9" rear, and a bunch of other stuff. The car basically needs cosmetics and a few other things. I'm going with the same Inferno Red that they started with under the hood.

I ran down to Hayward today to pick up this '65 Fastback for an Australian buyer. Its a pretty solid car with some rust issues. It does have factory power disc brakes (rare) and the typical 289/C4 combo. It was a very nice car at one point in time but it has sat a long time and been neglected. It will be nice again.

d08753f5.jpg

And one more on Sunday for good measure...

86539f83.jpg

Last edited:

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does your Raptor handle towing that sort of load? I'm considering replacing my F250 with the Raptor but want to make sure I can still tow with it. I know it's rated to handle towing, but it's always good to hear actual owner experiences.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does your Raptor handle towing that sort of load? I'm considering replacing my F250 with the Raptor but want to make sure I can still tow with it. I know it's rated to handle towing, but it's always good to hear actual owner experiences.

I pulled my enclosed 18' cargo trailer at speeds ranging from 55-85mph and it handled like a dream.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hey Ice, must've missed it somewhere but are you buying those to turn for a profit or for your own collection? I restored a '65 several years ago and it's still in the family. I love those old Mustangs!

What'd you have to give for the first one up top?

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

Its the best tow vehicle I've had. My trailer is a 20' Sloan Kwikload and it's nicely balanced. The only thing you have to pay attention to is tongue weight with the Raptor's softer rear suspension. I just load the car a little further back on the trailer to keep the truck from squatting too much. The integrated trailer brake controller and dotted line on the NAV screen are great features as well. Also, the truck will track your towing mileage for trailer maintenance. My truck has over 13k on it now and almost 3500 of that is towing.

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Hey Ice, must've missed it somewhere but are you buying those to turn for a profit or for your own collection? I restored a '65 several years ago and it's still in the family. I love those old Mustangs!

What'd you have to give for the first one up top?

Very nice!

I paid $6600 for the '64 1/2. I've been buying and selling Mustangs for years. I have a '65 Fastback that is a ground up build... TCI Mustang II front, TCI torque arm rear, mini tub, 427" Windsor (with nitrous:)), TKO 600 5 speed, 9" rear, Cobra brakes, etc. That one is my baby and the only real "keeper". As for the coupes... I buy them when I find a good deal, I fix them up, I drive them for a bit, and then I sell them for profit. I've been doing it long enough that I've built up a small network of domestic and overseas contacts (mostly Australia, New Zealand, and the UK) and they will often pay me to hunt down a car for them. Its a great hobby.