Issues installing Cobb Accessport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues installing the Cobb Accessport? I tried to install mine last night but i used my wifes camry with jumper cables to keep the battery charged and the truck wouldnt turn over once the install finished. I called COBB and they were awesome, actually picked up within a minute or so and walked me through how to get the truck back running. Basically had to uninstall and drive it around a bit. They told me to never use jumper cables and that i need a battery charger which i picked up late last night and plan to try the install again later this afternoon.

Trevor Gavin

Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue. I’ve just plugged in and installed without the worry of the battery dying on me. I’ve had Cobb on a few cars and has always worked like a charm [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maintaining proper voltage during ECU writing is definitely a priority. But these trucks are stout enough to handle the 5 or so minutes it takes to save the stock file and load the new map. Switching maps is even quicker as you don't have to save the stock file, too.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did the same thing - just plugged it in and worked flawlessly. I have about 13k miles with mine installed and have enjoyed every minute of it.

On a side note these trucks come with AGM batteries, you should have plenty of juice to maintain voltage. It only takes a few minutes.

OP
OP
patire19

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good now just installed it and took it for a quick ride. Definitely feels like it wants to take off. Still always nervous when adding anything new to the car especially something with the computer