Is this safe? Gas tank heat shield fell off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the heat shield fell off my gas tank? Not sure if driving around with it off will be unsafe. The gas tank looks like it has heat shields all around it but this is rhe one that covers the rear drivers side corner near the exhaust. I have an appointment on the 23rd for some other stuff but is it safe to drive this until then?
D97315F3-C343-48E3-A0C9-D2DEECC01EAA.jpeg

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your inquiry to this wonderful forum. In short, yes, it is safe to drive as this is just redundancy built into the vehicle for added safety. I would recommend getting it replaced as soon as possible, though.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your inquiry to this wonderful forum. In short, yes, it is safe to drive as this is just redundancy built into the vehicle for added safety. I would recommend getting it replaced as soon as possible, though.

Great! Thank you for your input and advice! I'm not sure what I would do without this forum and members like you.