Is it possible to add cooled seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the insert areas are already perfed "leather" so replacing cover may not be needed. Replacing both back and cushion foam is a must. You will also need to fabricate monting points for the fan (duh right) but the 2012 frame have been modified to accepts those functions. Easiest wiring and some one like CSC could do it, I am guessing, would be a two or 3 speed switch.

Things to also consider at the covers and plasitcs have been modified to the comfort cool system do yo changes in foam production and design. I believe most plastics should look OK, I am more worried about a saggy trim cover. Also, you may notice you are sitting lower in the new cushion pads, again no big with the lifter mechs.

This might be the better way to go over replacing the seat, because you do not have to worry about programming the seat position or weight sensor. (It can be done by a dealer or I had read how on the forum someplace)

Consider finding a way to wire them into a ign wire, so that they turn on when the remote start is used. I bet being in AZ the seats get hot

Seat Heaters on the other hand would be better off bought as an after market part, most have a thermometer to control current to the heater pad, and no that is usually on the body side of the vehicle, which would make this more difficult to install.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I ordered the upper and lower blowers, air ducts and seat cushions with the holes for the ducts. Total was $533 with shipping for the parts for one seat from an online parts store.

Any news on this?

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It worked! I have the drivers side done. I ordered the parts for the passengers side. I replaced the drivers side seat cushions with the ones made for the seat coolers. On the passengers side, I am going to try to modify the existing cushions. It does not seem like it would be too had to make the stock ones work. I will do a how to write up the end of next week when I try the other side.

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES! I am excited to see the write up! Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It worked! I have the drivers side done. I ordered the parts for the passengers side. I replaced the drivers side seat cushions with the ones made for the seat coolers. On the passengers side, I am going to try to modify the existing cushions. It does not seem like it would be too had to make the stock ones work. I will do a how to write up the end of next week when I try the other side.

That is great news. Thank for being the first and for offering to do a write up!

Did you have to do any wiring/programming? Also any idea if it will work with the remote start (will the seat fans turn on with the a/c?)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately the oem system is a ms can system. so being able to integrate into the oem system is going to be difficult. but with a potentiometer and a little bit of wiring, he should have control of how fast the fans blow.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is great news. Thank for being the first and for offering to do a write up!

Did you have to do any wiring/programming? Also any idea if it will work with the remote start (will the seat fans turn on with the a/c?)

You will have to run the power wires. I put a relay that is turned on with the ignition, and a switch on the seat. The switch on the seat can be left on and when the truck is started with the remote stare, the seat coolers will turn on. No programming because this will be completely separate from the factory system.

Thanks to Noah at The Car Stereo Company for all his help figuring out the wiring on the blowers. He says a potentiometer can be used on the blower control wire to adjust the speed. I started with just a on off switch for full power. Might keep it that way because the blowers are not too powerful.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Who is interested in this conversion? I can contact the company I ordered from and see if they will give us a good deal on 10+ "conversion kits" with a group buy.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is noticeable. It does not feel like a lot of air, but it does work. Keep my back from sweating. I am going to try sealing the connections on the ducts and blowers on the other seat to see if I can get a little more air out of it.

The blowers just clip to the seats. No brackets or modifications required to mount them.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is noticeable. It does not feel like a lot of air, but it does work. Keep my back from sweating. I am going to try sealing the connections on the ducts and blowers on the other seat to see if I can get a little more air out of it.

The blowers just clip to the seats. No brackets or modifications required to mount them.

Any chance we can get more details or the right up you spoke about? I'd love to be able to do this as soon as possible. Thanks