Is it possible to add cooled seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in my opinion after 5 months of owning the raptor with cooled seats. The glorified fart fans are not worth it. They are not true air conditioned seats, they are nothing more than computer case fans made in Honduras velcroed to the seats..

-Greg

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fart fans? That sounds incredible. Are they directional? If so, I'm definitely adding that when I place my order in a couple weeks.

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone done this yet? I would love too, I have a 2011, and my sets are perforated already, so I will need the fan kit, Wiring harness, switches and relay, fuses. Anything else?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
So has anyone done this yet? I would love too, I have a 2011, and my sets are perforated already, so I will need the fan kit, Wiring harness, switches and relay, fuses. Anything else?

New cushions. The 11 has very dense solid cushions. The air cooled seat actually have some ducting in them to direct the air flow.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the cushions easy to change? If the cushions are changed, will the OEM seat blowers fit right in?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replacing cushions is not hard, but whether or not its a direct fit remains to be seen. on top of that, wiring will suck terribly.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot or research, I think I know what has to be done to convert the seats to cooled. I Just ordered the parts for one seat and will take pictures of the process and post part numbers if it works!

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot or research, I think I know what has to be done to convert the seats to cooled. I Just ordered the parts for one seat and will take pictures of the process and post part numbers if it works!

Excellent good luck and keep us posted. Do you have to replace the leather?

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I ordered the upper and lower blowers, air ducts and seat cushions with the holes for the ducts. Total was $533 with shipping for the parts for one seat from an online parts store.