Is anyone considering cancelling???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New motor & trans is why I didn't jump in on the 2017. Want to see how things shake out. Inevitably there will be some issues. Hopefully Ford will address and correct rather than "unable to duplicate".

Very fair. But, not even Ford could have foreseen issues with the Carbon Fiber supplier do to a storm, bad front oil pan seals, shortage of the grille lights, bad batch of leaf springs in November, a fire in October at the plant in the operations buildings, bad weather, and what ever we have not heard about, with a new truck there are issues and will be issues next year they could not see. I was told when I ordered that it would be late this year before I get my truck, which has been built on 10/27, bedliner done and ready to go on 10/29.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Very fair. But, not even Ford could have foreseen issues with the Carbon Fiber supplier do to a storm, bad front oil pan seals, shortage of the grille lights, bad batch of leaf springs in November, a fire in October at the plant in the operations buildings, bad weather, and what ever we have not heard about, with a new truck there are issues and will be issues next year they could not see. I was told when I ordered that it would be late this year before I get my truck, which has been built on 10/27, bedliner done and ready to go on 10/29.

Absolutely correct. My concern is with the mechanicals not supply and delivery.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't cancel. Signed paperwork and handed over my 2014 Raptor on Oct 24th on an ETA of 11/12. Without a truck waiting ever since. But dealer is making the payments on my old truck until it gets here so I have that. New truck financed through Ford and they won't fund loan until truck gets here even though everything is signed and accepted.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Can't cancel. Signed paperwork and handed over my 2014 Raptor on Oct 24th on an ETA of 11/12. Without a truck waiting ever since. But dealer is making the payments on my old truck until it gets here so I have that. New truck financed through Ford and they won't fund loan until truck gets here even though everything is signed and accepted.

Whaaaat? You already traded in your old Raptor and signed paperwork on a new truck that hasn't even been delivered? And the dealer is making payments on your old truck? Who's paying for insurance and who will pay for it if it were to get stolen or wrecked? Why didn't the dealership just buy your old truck, sell it while the prices are still high and you just sign paperwork when the new truck arrives? Your deal sounds weird as shit! I've been around the car business for many years and have never heard a deal like this.

Back in 2011 when I ordered my Raptor, I sold my G8 GT to the dealer that day. They placed the order and the rest is history. Never made another insurance payment, car payment, etc. on the G8.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some people on here seem really forgiving of ford. do you really think that ford's shit can't stink? cause right now, it seems like it really stinks.

i'm no fanboy and ford as a company and their dealer network is really starting to get on my last nerve lately.

Expletive

Reaction score
Power train is covered for 60,000 miles. I'm not worried about it.

I don't think the only concern that would have people considering cancelling is that the transmission might actually go out, but rather how it works. If shifts are either slushy or harsh (no in between) and does a lot of searching for the right gear, the transmission is still working (no warranty repair required) but someone might not like the way it shifts.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reviews have been resoundingly positive and you're asking if anyone is cancelling?

Right.

The last-gen Raptor was good, but it would be left behind in seconds by this new one.

Last edited: