iPhone5 Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I'm looking at Craven Speed's mount since I'm ordering the bullet stubby and wondering who has the iphone mount they have and let me know what you think.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't personally heard anything about their mount. Ram mounts are a pretty common. It's what I'll be running for my iPad on the Snoball.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My iphone mount is the cup holder. It works pretty well. :wink:

ETA: Purely my opinion of course. I think 'phone mounts' are one of those things that seems like a great idea, and will be used for awhile, but just not all that handy over time and usually gets "shit canned" in the long run. YMMV however.

With the SYNC pairing and both cup holders right there, it just seems like a pain to clip the phone in the holder all the time. Again, just my $.02.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious why you would need a mount when you can connect it via bluetooth to MFT and leave it in your pocket/purse? Music, Call, Texts what else would you need?

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iphone mount is the cup holder. It works pretty well. :wink:

ETA: Purely my opinion of course. I think 'phone mounts' are one of those things that seems like a great idea, and will be used for awhile, but just not all that handy over time and usually gets "shit canned" in the long run. YMMV however.

With the SYNC pairing and both cup holders right there, it just seems like a pain to clip the phone in the holder all the time. Again, just my $.02.

I put my phone in the door handle cutout in the door. Works out well!

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
That's true. For some reason I'm used to always seeing my phone before the MFT and even with other cars never really used the texting options for the computers in the cars...

Long story short I get ahead of myself sometimes.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's true. For some reason I'm used to always seeing my phone before the MFT and even with other cars never really used the texting options for the computers in the cars...

Long story short I get ahead of myself sometimes.

Nothing wrong with wanting a mount, just was curious why and now I know. Remember when you pair it, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Sync > and turn notifications on. That way you get texts and can reply. Microsoft forces you to be parked in order to reply to texts though :thumbsdown:

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So does that mean that the texting option will just send me notifications then the option to reply will only be when I'm parked?