Intermittent Charging from Center Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is having troubles with intermittent charging from the center console? Often wireless charging will work for a min or two and then turn off.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your phone in a case? I’ve seen some cases cause it to be unreliable. I couldn’t charge my phone in my old Tesla because of it, but the raptor has been good so far. My phone is in one of those cheap rubber ****** type cases tho

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to every wireless charger in vehicles ever, the one in my Audi would work for 10 minutes before the phone would overheat or not even maintain enough to increase a charge. It’s also hilarious that by the time car manufacturers implemented them there’s a new iPhone with a massive camera that won’t allow the phone to sit flat on 90% of them.

Ford has a TSB for it (across all models) to update the firmware, doubt it can fix much other than slowing down the charge.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not every phone is compatible with the wireless charging system, especially if it has a case. What phone are you using?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
That's a pretty slick design. Utilizing the cupholder makes it a no go for me though. Too bad someone has not made a mount base that utilizes that thin channel between the cupholders and gear shifter on the Gen3's. That area is pretty much useless and could be a good home for a mount. Currently, my phone rests on its side in that channel.