Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LewisP

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have a 2019 Ford Raptor 802A with 44,000 miles. I am out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty so Ford won't cover leak testing and fixing the issue. I still have the extended warranty and lifetime power train warranty, but those coverages don't apply to this issue as I have been told by my Ford Service department.

I was hoping someone could assist me in diagnosing the issue(s) I am having. I have done some research online, but have not found exactly what I am experiencing.

Recently, my front passenger side carpet has been getting soaked and is growing mold up against the firewall and then running down and soaking the carpet area under the mats. I believe I traced the source of the leak to be up against the firewall where there looks to be a circular foam plug (whatever it is) and the mold is much worse around that area. See the attached pictures.

I am not sure exactly where the water is coming from or how it's getting in, but I live in a rainy climate so it seems to be constant.

I am not sure if its rain water getting in or something to do with the AC. I haven't used my AC in months do to the cold climate but I do frequently run defrost in the morning before work.

I clean up the mold but it continues to come back and grow from the same source area and work its way down toward the seat. I plugged my code reader into my truck and it showed code U0256 - but my code reader didn't know what the code was for. Based on my Google search it looks like it for this: - U0256 - lost communication with front controls interface module

At the same time of this happening, my gas gauge estimated mileage was going crazy. I went on a ten-mile trip starting at 178 miles until empty and while driving it continued dropping my estimated range until it hit 97 miles. Does anyone know if their is a TSB for the Code U0256?

I am concerned I might have an electrical issue due to the leak. Any help, direction or guidance from anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9701.JPG
    IMG_9701.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9703.JPG
    IMG_9703.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9867.JPG
    IMG_9867.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9706.JPG
    IMG_9706.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9856.JPG
    IMG_9856.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 12

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a sunroof? Have you checked if water is building up under the door sill?

OP
OP
L

LewisP

Reaction score
I do have a sunroof and did pull the trim and looked under the door sill. Found no moisture or pooling. The carpet was soaked and moldy under where the mats sit though, leading up to that foam plug thing in my pictures.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems similar to the issue you are having involving that rubber grommet.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you verified that the drain tubes are connected and clear on the front passenger side? I'd start there... I have also heard, although not as much, that the windshield seal can be an issue as well. You would have to test with a hose by only getting the area around the windshield wet (not the sunroof obviously) and see what happens there. So, you really have 3 things to check now.