Interior lights not working when doors open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monk99

Reaction score
The dome lights do not come on automatically when the doors open. Kind of a pain at night. If you press them, or slide the switch on the back one, they will come on then. So they do work. The truck already had an alarm installed when I bought it and wondering if they were disabled somehow because of that. Is there something easy to do to make the dome lights work with the doors again???

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
If you have a 2010 the roller on the left of the wheel by the power pedals might be turned all the way down. Its for the dash lights but also controls the interior lights. Try rolling it to the right. 2011 has a button, try pushing it to the right.

OP
OP
monk99

monk99

Reaction score
Nope. Not the dimmer switch. It dims the dash lights just fine and isn't turned off at all. I can even turn it all the way on and it clicks, but still no lights.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Not the dimmer switch. It dims the dash lights just fine and isn't turned off at all. I can even turn it all the way on and it clicks, but still no lights.

They probably tried to install a relay to flash lights when the alarm goes off and botched the wiring of the relay.