Interest in an Alaska run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's discuss the Stampede Trail........
Not going to happen in a Raptor. There are times in certain years that it would be possible. But it's not likely. I have a buddy that goes back there regularly. He's driving a linked, coil over dodge with portal axles and 49" tires.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not going to happen in a Raptor. There are times in certain years that it would be possible. But it's not likely. I have a buddy that goes back there regularly. He's driving a linked, coil over dodge with portal axles and 49" tires.

Ah. Saw it on 'Aerial America' last night on the Smithsonian Channel and it looked like some rugged country. But from the air it looked like it could be doable. Be cool to make to make it down to the famous 142? bus.....lol

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sections are doable for sure. You could expect a lot of brush striping. The weather is so unpredictable though. If its a super dry time, which is rare, the Raptor would make it with no issue. If its wet, or rains in the hills then it could be bottomless bog or swollen river crossings. There have been a lot more stockish Jeeps hopelessly stuck or broken than have made it I'm sure.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alaska is a place you certainly must go prepared for, and that includes bottomless bogs. From what I can tell you just have to go with the right attitude and prepared for a challenge. Non-traditional winch anchors like a pull pal are essential. Something that would make you look like an idiot dragging around in the lower 48. If you are the Espresso at the corner coffee shop in the morning, and dinner at the lodge type, the challenge of Alaska is not for you. And frankly, from some of the trip reports I have seen on these forums there are far more of those then the trail challenge, winching all day for a couple of miles of progress then pass out in your tent next to the trail type. For me the challenge of Alaska sounds like a.....:party52: