Intake Power Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible I could have lost some power by putting in CAI? Doesn't feel as quick as it did with stock intake. :mad:

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes which one did you put on? also make sure it is on correctly, and on top of that to maximize your CAI id suggest getting a tuner, perhaps a sct x3 from good ol Mike@5star.

OP
OP
TuckerTravis

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a k&n. It sounds great but it doesn't feel like it increased horsepower and torque like it said it should. And I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. Followed the directions and took my time.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It might take a little time for the ECU to recalibrate for the extra air intake and adjust to the new air/fuel ratio. But also make sure everything is connected properly.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Well when I installed my Airaid intake system I disconnected the battery then immediately did some highway driving after the battery sat disconnected for about ehh 2 hours. I instantly felt a power increase with better throttle response and fuel economy! I think the problem with the k&n intake is that it is such a big system the ecu has trouble reprogramming because of the huge high flow filter and intake tube. I would suggest a tuner and possibly exhaust to get the most out of the k&n. I guess it wasnt designed to be used with the stock tune like the airaid.